Pocahontas Streets and Sanitation
Our new shop is located at 71 Humble Lane, the corner of Drew St and Valley Dr.
Director of Streets & Sanitation
The Street and Sanitation Department provides garbage pickup on a weekly basis. Residents should place their garbage at the curbside by 7:00 AM on their designated day. Charges for this service are included in your water bill.
The street department also provides limb and leaf pick up. Place limbs at the curb side preferably on your trash pickup day, but separate from your household trash. The leaf machine runs from approximately October 15th to April 15th annually. Raked leaves must be placed at roadside in order for the machine to be able to get them. DO NOT PUT LEAVES IN ROAD. The leaf vacuum has been parked until the Fall. We can not pick up any bagged leaves.
Recycling is encouraged for all citizens. Recycling bins are located at the Randolph County Landfill on Landfill Road and can be accessed
weekdays 8am to 3pm.
City Trash Pickup Schedule
2024 Trash Holiday Schedule
Local Recycling Centers
BAG MATERIALS AND DELIVER TO RECYCLING CONTAINER LOCATION:
1. Transfer Sta.145 Landfill Road, Pocahontas
1. MarmadukeFire Department parking lot 104 S. 1st St.
2. Paragoulda. Loose Caboose Festival parking lot Next to Tracks
b. Sanitation Department on Airport Road
1. Walnut RidgePolice Department parking lot – 105 SE Front St.
2. HoxieCity Park – SW Gibson St.
1. Corninga. Park Elementary School – Harb St.
b. Central Elementary School – W. 4th St.
2. PiggottCountry Mart Parking Lot – E. Main St.
3. RectorCity Shop-13th & S. Main Sts.